Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Where do I start?

My name is Jessica and I am 29 years old, 30 in November (boy, I never actually thought I would get this old, it only seems like yesterday that I was 21!).

I am the devoted wife of Daniel and equally devoted mother of Ella Kate (16 months).

I began this blog today after reading another blog on this site. I thought that it may be quite cathartic for me to jot down how I am feeling as I begin my weight-loss journey!

I have just become a member of Weight Watchers at Home. I am now 83.3 kilograms, (I hate writing that down! ).

My motivation for my weight loss is as follows;
  • I want to lose this weight so that I can prepare for my second pregnancy and not end up in this same overweight scenario.
  • I want to lose this weight so that my clothes fit better and I don't feel so uncomfortable and self-conscious. (Sometimes I carry my bag in front of my stomach because I feel so fat!).
  • I want to lose weight to improve my relationship with my husband. I know that he is not so proud of me anymore. I feel that he respected me more when I took better care of myself and I think that the way he and I interact now reflects his level of respect for me. I want to improve our relationship from a 'passion' perspective, I don't feel great about me, so I can hardly expect him to jump on my bandwagon!
  • I want to wear the latest fashions and trends that just don't come in a size 14
  • I want to get in our swimming pool this coming summer in my bikini without a sarong over the top of me. I want to stop wearing my husbands board shorts to my daughters swimming lessons.
  • I want to be healthy and attractive so that I present a good role model for my daughter
  • I want to address my feelings and insecurities to reduce my emotional eating.
  • I want to do this slowly and carefully and maintain my weightloss, I do not want to be trying to loose weight again in two (2) years time.

I'll leave it at that for today, but I better just getting all that down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home