Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's a New Year and a New Me!

I have been reading everyone else's fantastic blogs and they are so motivating, I feel like I should post (for the first time in months!).

I too have started to work on myself this year.

I went to the doctors to try and find out what exactly was wrong with me, cause obviously I have a weight issue, but in addition to this my DH and I have some trouble with communication and and me resenting him because I had to go back to work when Ella was a baby, and I am stressed out of my brain at work most of the time to the point that I say or do stupid things that I regret afterwards.

Anyway the doctor was really good and kept me pretty calm until I started talking about how I felt about leaving my baby and going back to work when she was 3 months and then I started to cry, how embarrassing!

In the end after I calmed down the doctor had me take this test called a DAS (Depression, Anxiety and Stess) to try and work out exactly what was wrong with me. Long story short, no depression, no anxiety but tons of stress! My ranking was High.

Together we are working on a plan to try and reduce my stress and make me a happier and healthier person.

First thing is that I am back on Weight Watchers (again, I know!) but part of my stress and unhappiness is because of my weight, so I will get weighed at my lunchtime meeting today.

Secondly I am reading a really good book (again!) called The Lazy's Girls Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Fit by AJ Rochester. It is very good and something I can relate to. It gives me direction and motivation, but no silly diet rules.

Thirdly I am trying to find a sport that I like as opposed to a sport that is a chore, so far I have come up with bushwalking and soccer, I am looking into these at the moment, but I am keen to do something this weekend.

Fourthly, I am trying to be more organised with my stuff and my house so I don't feel overwhelmed my all my stuff.

Finally, I am trying to spend more time on myself, just like shaving my legs, painting my toenails, developing my Childrens Boutique Business etc.

I am also going to post my wins' of the week as well as my stat's. I will be back tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home